Finding your ‘E’ spot: Asteroid Eros in the natal chart

Though there are many reasons for seeking relationship, it’s probably our sense of the erotic, the passionate core of our desire to connect with others, that is the true driving force behind dating and mating. When we inspect the natal chart for ‘passion indicators,’ we see various facets of passion, desire, and sexuality:

• Venus tells us the nature of our loves, our values, our idea of what relationship is like, and for a woman shows her ‘ideal Self.’
  • Neptune points to the character of our life ideals, our spiritual ideals, and our fantasies.
  • Uranus hints at our concept of Utopia.
  • The Sun describes our Soul needs (which may or may not involve relationship).
  • The Moon sings of our emotional needs, Mercury of our communication requirements (and our possible fraternal or sororal ones) and Jupiter of our social ones.
  • Saturn suggests what we need to feel secure.
  • Mars and Pluto focus on our need to assert ourselves, to express our life energy in the world (including via the urge to reproduce), with Mars describing a man’s ‘ideal Self’ and Pluto suggesting our darker nature, which may have sexual overtones.

Using the natal horoscope, we can cobble together a colorful and relatively full picture of the individual as a passionate Being, but we may miss out on some very important points, namely those indicated by the placement and aspects of the asteroid Eros.

To read the rest of this article you must purchase a Lifetime All-Access Membership, which allows you to view the entirety of Sasstrology’s archives for a one-time fee of $12.

All horoscopes and forecasts will always be free to the public. New articles are only viewable to the public for 30 days after publication.

Buy Now or read more.

All-Access Members, log in here.

Comments

1. Very interesting. Mine is in Leo in the 8th house sq. my asc. I have no idea what that means..LOL. It doesnt fit into the categories you present above.

2. Found info on it. Yep. Interesting indeed.

3. Sun conjunct Eros says:

It is a blessing and a curse.

Do tell, Sun conjunct Eros aka Victoria.

5. Sagilarious says:

I actually have no clue how to read this aspect of my chart, but I am positive I have the hots for Eros himself.

I have been calling my elusive Pisces lover Eros for almost a full year now, since before I even knew many details about the god Eros.

My favorite poet is Sappho, and she always spoke of Eros in such a way that I was sure this was the God I had found on Earth and been drawn to. The more I learn about this Eros character, the more I am sure I shall be miss Psyche herself, cause I don’t really care where my “E” spot is….I want Eros, quite literally. Jupiter is one of his parents? Hmm, that is my planet. Maybe I can arrange an emancipation.

6. Sagilarious, your blog is blank (?)

You have me so curious now!

I love the way you write . . .

Have never read Sappho, but I shall google her now, as it all sounds very intriguing ;)

7. PS– Jeff, I already did. In the “why is your Leo ignoring you” blog (sigh) Just one example of late; we could write books I suppose . . . comic books, in my case

Time to self-destruct ;)

8. I’m confused, I ran a chart and it said Eros, 28 Sag 23’50” So…does that mean Eros influences my Sagittarian aspects? I’m a Sag Sun w/ Venus in Sag.

Courtney, your Sun or Venus would have to be pretty darn close to 28 Sag for Eros to have an influence on them — being just in the same sign is not enough.

10. ta ha, yup, ive been graphing my asteroids and little planetinhos on astro.com lately and alas 7th house is no longer sad and empty, there is eros at least. tho it is eros in aquarius so if ever there is a way to make the passionate erotic cold, le voila. it works for me thou im no anna karenina. rather, what is it- pale fire, icy hot that lasts. i donno, im jk, i am just happy i finally have something in aquarius bc i think i am pretty aqua but w/nothing to show for it. til NOW.

11. Sagilarious says:

Victoria it is there for sure now :)

And it is LONG!!! wow. I surprised myself.

12. Sagilarious you’re kidding me

Is this a case of the Emperor’s New Clothes?

“I can’t see anything,” he thought. “If I see nothing, that means I’m stupid! Or, worse, incompetent!”

The farce continued as the two scoundrels had foreseen it. Once they had taken the measurements, the two began cutting the air with scissors while sewing with their needles an invisible cloth.

A child, however, who had no important job and could only see things as her eyes saw them, went up to the carriage.

“The Emperor is naked,” she said.

13. Sagilarious says:

Well someone has commented on it…yeah I am confused now. Hmmm.

Try this?:

14. Okay, gotcha!

Back to Eros . . . it’s all about passion. Eros placement shows where, what, who, why and how you are passionate. We tend to associate this with physical passion or lust– but it means emotional passion as well, if not more.

Mars is the planet of physical passion. Eros is a little asteroid providing that “oomph” to get your Mars in motion; fuels the fire so to speak. As in mechanics and dynamics.

So if your Mars is in a fire sign, watch out! On the other hand, Mars in Virgo might just have boring workaholic tendencies. Coupled with an Eros in Capricorn this would show passion for status and material concerns, which in turn drives Mars in Virgo to put in all those extra hours.

My Leo Mars in the 3rd is driven by a passionate Sun/Eros in Scorpio, thus the indignant roar which stings when aroused by doubly passionate Eros, which effectively intimidates my siblings and neighbors.

Elizabeth Taylor married seven times and survived a brilliant career. Her Mars is in the 5th house of arts, drama, creative endeavors and romance. Guess who fueled that abundant energy for acting and love affairs?

Her Eros, Sun, Mercury and Mars were all conjunct within a few degrees of each other in Pisces. A deeply intuitive woman, sensitive to the power of x in terms of the 5th house.

15. This is the best site on Eros I’ve found yet:

16. My Eros is at 20 degrees Sagittarius, conjunct my DC, square my Sun, opposite my Moon. What could THAT possibly mean?!

17. That’s interesting. I have Eros in 8th house Leo, conjunct Sun and Juno (and Vertex). The description fits :)
    My Eros is more loosely conjunct Venus – 7 degrees, is that even a conjunction anymore? – and opposite Mars in Aquarius… don’t think these aspects have so much influence.

18. I’m surprised no one has made mention of this, but Eros is usually considered to be the son of Venus and MARS. Jupiter on the other hand is sometimes made to be Venus’ father rather than her… nephew? and doesn’t pop up in many tales as having hooked up with her as opposed to the dozens of mortal women and immortal sisters he’s had children with.

The goddess of love and the god war—-as opposed to the god of… justice? the sky? good luck? benevolence? Whatever word Jupiter can be narrowed down to—-seem a much better match to birthing Eros, the god of erotic love, but maybe that’s just me.