The Moon is not technically a planet. Rather, it is a “light.” However, for the purpose of astrology we treat it like a planet. From our perspective on Earth, it revolves around us just like Venus and Mars do.
The Moon symbolizes our emotions, habits, instinctive responses, fluctuating moods. The Moon also relates to home, mother, child, nurturing and protective instincts. Traditionally, it symbolizes the wife or an important woman in a man’s chart.
Following are some blog posts that focus on the Moon:
- Moon-Mars Aspects in Synastry: Sex and Psyche
- Moon-Mars in Synastry: Gender Differences and Aspects
- The Moon and moving in together
- Moon in the Seventh House
- The Moon-Venus conflict
- A man’s Mars conjunct a woman’s Moon
Men’s Moon Signs