This is a sponsored post.
Despite the bright, cloudless days and warm sunshine, summer can feel quite disappointing. During childhood, the summertime is a period of rest and reinvigorate between periods of work and study, but unfortunately, few adults have the opportunity to cool off in the hot weather. As a result, many adults burn out during the warm weather months, and their souls become exhausted by the unending work and responsibility.
This summer, you can avoid a dramatic breakdown by enjoying a soul-nourishing vacation. The following three types of trips are most beneficial to a flagging spirit.
1. Nurture With Nature
Fully entrenched in city life, you probably rarely have the opportunity to experience the fundamental peace and joy that exists in nature. There are dozens of ways nature can allow you to reinvigorate your soul, from enjoying the pure sounds and smells of the wilderness to basking in the unpolluted air, water, and sunlight. You can camp under the stars, hike to mountain peaks, and generally enjoy the wealth of natural beauty on Earth. Here are three of the most spiritually uplifting natural spaces around America:
- Acadia National Park. From the summit of Cadillac Mountain in Maine, you can salute the sun’s first rays on the country.
- Channel Islands. Just 11 miles off the coast of California, the Channel Islands are North America’s Galapagos, where 150 fantastic species make their home.
- Kenai Fjords. Alaskan glaciers are inspiring in their size and power, and this seldom-visited destination is the best place to explore them.
You can also make reservations at dedicated spiritual retreats that offer various spirit-enriching activities in the wilderness, like yoga, tai chi, and meditation.
2. Rouse With Relaxation
If you work long, hard hours, you probably need a vacation that allows you to indulge in mental and physical pleasure. Not every destination lends itself to relaxation; you need to balance luxury, solitude, and beauty in order to achieve the most peaceful spiritual state. Here are three places that offer unprecedented opportunities to kick back and heal:
- Lanai. Unlike the Big Island and Maui, Lanai attracts fewer tourists but offers the same outstanding features: pristine beaches, warm water, and deluxe amenities.
- Sedona. Constructed in a highly spiritual environment, Sedona offers vortexes, sweat lodges, and other ancient and powerful relaxation techniques.
- Miami. Though its beaches are legendary, Miami’s spas are also some of the largest and most well-appointed in the world.
3. Excite With Exploration
Many spirits languish due to a dearth of new experiences. When you have the same routine, day in and day out, your soul begins to thirst for change. World travel effectively quenches that desire, as you see new places, learn about new cultures, and generally break the monotony of normal life. Your spiritual advisor will be able to guide you to the best destinations for you, but here are three global cities which will invigorate and inspire:
- Jerusalem. This ancient city has been a center of divinity for millennia, and pilgrimages to its sacred shrines will certainly awaken your dormant spirit.
- Bali. This Indonesian destination is exotic, and dozens of spiritual organizations offer ways to explore the city as you explore your soul.
- Dublin. Surrounding this Irish city are countless ancient megalithic sites, where Celts and older cultures demonstrated there reverence for otherworldly power.