- Open PowerPoint.
- Clearly type out the reasons why this arrangement does not suit your mutual interests.
- A graph would help. X axis = months from past to present. Y axis = the amount of satisfaction you have derived from the partnership.
- Define “satisfaction” as Return on Investment (ROI) of emotional resources.
- Quantify it, using a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being ” extremely dissatisfied” and 5 being “extremely satifisfied.”
- Visually, there should be a clear decrease in satisfaction over time.
- Save presentation. Shut down laptop.
- Bring laptop and projector to Capricorn’s office. Although you do not have an appointment, do not let Cap’s secretary prevent you from interrupting Cap’s quarterly meeting with the Board.
- In a calm and collected manner, run through your slides, clearly explicating the rational reasons for your need to dissolve the partnership.
- Open discussion for questions and answers.
- Closing words.
Comment below: How have you ended it with a Capricorn?