Sasstrology is looking for a freelance Social Media Manager (SMM).
The responsibilities of the SMM are as follows:
- Promote at least three blog posts per week (Monday forecast, Wednesday sex-relationship post, Friday compatibility post) on Facebook and Twitter (and possibly other platforms).
- Create engaging micro-content on social media platforms (that don’t link to our content) to increase audience engagement.
- Provide expertise to Publisher regarding development of engaging on-site content (e.g., polls, quizzes, contests).
- Keep a detailed log of all actions taken.
A measure of SMM’s success after three months will be an increase of referral traffic from social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter; an increase in follower count on Facebook, Twitter and possibly other social media platforms; demonstration that she or he has followed best practices and has performed job in a socially responsible manner.
Compensation will be $200 per month for 10 hours per month of labor. The SMM will work as an independent contractor; if he or she lives in the United States, SMM must provide mailing address and SSN or EIN for tax purposes. SMM will be paid at the beginning of each month via PayPal.
TO APPLY: Send an email to email@example.com with “Social Media Manager – Sasstrology” in the subject line. In the body of your email, ONLY include a link to a shared document hosted in the cloud (for example, Google Drive or a shared Dropbox URL) in which you will address the questions outlined below. If any content other than that one link and your standard email signature is included in the body of your email, and/or the subject line is not exactly as requested, your application will immediately be disqualified.
Questions to Answer in Your Shared Document:
- What is your name and email address?
- How long have you been a reader of Sasstrology?
- How did you hear of this job announcement?
- Please list any public social media profiles you care to share (e.g., your Twitter handle, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Write one example tweet and one example Facebook post to promote one real piece of content on Sasstrology. For the Facebook post, indicate the format of the post (status, photo/video, etc.) and describe what it would look like once it has been published. (You may include a screenshot.)
- Write one example tweet or Facebook post to engage our audience that does not link to any of our content.
- Paste your resume below.