Mercury retrograde in Scorpio — Don’t trust anybody?

Mercury in Scorpio went retrograde today, and I’ve noticed — looking back at recent advice questions — that it’s really hard for people to just trust one another at face value. I’m not naive — I know humans lie and deceive, cheat and manipulate — but does it serve us to be so self-protective? Nobody wants to be burned, but the fear of being hurt keeps us so isolated!

The planet of communication has been in the sign of secretiveness and power plays since September 27. Mistrust is in the air, and we are all looking at each other with suspicion, wondering about ulterior motives. The danger in this approach is that we overlook the essential goodness and kindness in human beings. We are not only base creatures focused on survival, employing a kill-or-be-killed strategy in finding the perfect mate. There is love in the world.

As Mercury apparently moves backwards in the sky, we can use this opportunity to reflect on past betrayals, and see how the armor we’ve adorned to shield ourselves also keeps us at arm’s length from others. And be sure to remember the positive aspects of Mercury in Scorpio: deep, probing conversations that facilitate a strong emotional bond; the revelation of personal information to help transform ourselves and others.

Sometimes when someone says, “I love you,” it means just that.

Comments

1. I dont think I have ever been affected by this. Ever.

I wonder why.

2. Here, here! Duplicity is merely one symptom of duality. Love is an emotion that should be easy to identify, but many struggle to accept. Is there an easy solution? I’m not sure I know.

Sharon said…

I am not effected by this either the retrograde I was born during Mercury Retrograde maybe that is why, what takes me for a looptiloop is void of course moon.

Does anyone else have Mercury Retrograde in your chart? I would be interested to know if this effects you.

4. Sagilarious says:

Oh dear! That is just what I need, some gosh darn retrograde, and with Scorpio involved no less!

I was telling everyone I know all week (as weird things happened to everyone) that something was going on in the sky.

I kept saying “I really need to check the astrology reports, cause something seriously messed up is going on with the planets right now.

The freaking love of my life from a million years ago just came back outa nowhere, shell-shocked my current relationship, and I exploded everything!

WHEN WILL IT ALL BE OVER JEFFREY??? PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL!!! I HATE THIS RETROGRADE, SCORPIO THING!!! EVERYONE HAS GONE CRAZY, INCLUDING ME!

Sagilarious, Mercury stations direct on November 1, and leaves its “shadow” — which is the degree where is went retrograde — around November 18. Also note that it retrogrades back into Libra on October 23 and returns to Scorpio on November 11.

6. I was born during a retrograde too.

Does that have anything to do with why i have never felt this?
    I always hear the woes of it and have never understood it. If anything, I feel stronger. Today was a great example of this. I was surrounded by perceived chaos, it didnt touch me at all. I just smiled through it while others were freaking out.

As far as trust goes, I think the day it went retrograde I decided to take a huge leap of faith to do something that would leave me completely vulnerable. Odd.

7. Sagilarious says:

Ok. Holding my breath till mid-end of November.

Thanks Jeffrey.

8. Jeff, thank you … I was going nuts with this stuff (maybe thats why i’m awake at 3AM :)) but I didnt even recognise … THANK YOU! You have no clue HOW MUCH this helps …

@Ricercar, glad I could help :)

10. Phenix/scorpio says:

this is pretty interesting. I have mercury in scorpio and i must say today was the first time i felt it. Though i doubt anyone could be calm in such a life changin thought.

11. AnonymousFemale says:

This is interesting—My Scorpio “Interest” has a Mercury in Scorpio too ( My Mercury in Aries)— I wonder if this is his problem with not trusting me. Even though this was written like 3 years ago—does it still apply for current times, i wonder? **hmm**

12. LibraLady says:

My mercury is a mystery to me, but my venus is in Scorpio and I’m Scorpio Rising. After reading the post I had a good laugh at all the times I sat back in my life and brewed over who did me wrong, how I would get even, etc etc…..there is a cure for this self inflicted hell, I feel fantastic. I get so much love and affection from my fiance, the romance is off the rictor scale, I have’nt brewed over anything for a long time now. When you are loved by a wonderful person, you actually feel sorry for your past enemies, they will never feel as good as I do now, hey, isn;t that the perfect revenge? LOL