Should Taurus Woman Commit to Scorpio Man?

(Disclaimer: This blog entry is for humorous and educational purposes only. Adhere to the following advice at your own risk.)

Venusianprincess provided her birth information and writes:

There has been this Scorpio guy that I have been talking to for quite awhile. We’ve known each other for 4 years and now, out of the blue, I am starting to fall for him. I have always kept him at a distance, but now I want to be with him and I’m scared that I will be hurt (he hasn’t given me any reason for feeling this way, he actually treats me like a princess) So I don’t know why I feel this way. I am 26 and he is 40 (a young 40). His venus is in sagittarius and his moon sign is in pisces. A part of me wants to go further (he wants to marry me), but a part of me wants to keep it like it is (because I’m scared). Any insight would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Taurus and Scorpio are opposite signs, which could explain the magnetic, yet uncomfortable attraction you have for this Scorpio guy. Scorpio is a passionate sign that yearns for something deep. When in love, Scorpio wants to make a lasting commitment and know that you will always be there for him. This should appeal to you, since Taurus is an earth sign that also needs to know where a relationship stands. Your Venus in Taurus reinforces this core value regarding relationships, as well. But maybe your Scorpio’s intensity is making you feel pressured…

Your chart is loaded with the fire element, which contradicts the long-term commitment valued by your Taurus Sun. Your Moon, Mercury and Mars are all in fire signs (Sagittarius and Aries, respectively). Since you don’t provide any specific external examples, the overwhelming amount of fire within your chart could be the main cause for the let’s-wait-awhile, commitment-phobic feelings regarding making the ultimate commitment of togetherness – marriage.

Your Sagittarius Moon dislikes the emotional burden of being responsible for other people’s feelings (especially if they’re complex). Perhaps your Sag Moon is intuitively sensing that your Scorpio man (with his sensitive Pisces Moon) will require more from you emotionally than you’re willing (or able) to give. Not only is your Moon in a freedom-loving fire sign, but it’s also located in your 5th house (naturally associated with Leo). Short-term love affairs and fun are 5th house concerns. In other words, having fun is an emotional craving for you, so keeping things “as it is” is your way of keeping things light and fun (are you catching the pattern here?).

Aries is not exactly the most relationship-oriented placement. With both your Mercury and Mars in this headstrong, independent sign, you are probably concerned about whether your man will be able to keep up with you or hold you back from doing what you want to do. Your fear could be the result of you questioning if the relationship will provide the constant mental and physical stimulation that you enjoy. As I mentioned before, boredom = no fun to that 5th house Moon of yours.

Having so much fire in your chart (your Ascendant and North Node are in Leo – yet another fire sign), you most likely have an idealized definition of love. You mention “falling for” your Scorpio “out of the blue” despite having known each other for 4 years. What Aries, Leo and Sagittarius all have in common is that they are prone to sudden infatuations (or falling in love, as they call it), which can lead to disappointment when the affair doesn’t go as they expected. In your considerations of getting engaged, are thoughts of how past relationships ended making you less optimistic (i.e., scared) about the future?

In addition, you have lesson-instilling Saturn in Libra, which means you have some karmic concerns about relationships/partnerships. You have learned over time to take entering into and exiting them very seriously. Mr. Scorpio may get impatient with how long it takes you to weigh all of the pros and cons of where your relationship is headed, but this process is necessary for you to feel comfortable with your final decision. The upside is that once you finally make a decision, it will be a lasting one.

As I write this, the Moon is now in Taurus and Saturn is in trine aspect to your Sun. The next 2 days or so is a great time for you to take advantage of this period when you’ll be able to exchange your foggy, rose-colored glasses for a level-head in order to view your relationship realistically.

With your Mercury-Mars conjunction in your 9th house of long-distance travel, I suggest you book a trip to a foreign city, state, country or continent for you and your Scorpio sweetie. This getaway will be a great boost to creating a safe emotional environment for your Sagittarius Moon to open up to your Scorpion about your marriage concerns. And who knows? It might also stir his Venus in Sagittarius (the 9th house’s natural sign) to officially pop the question. ;)

Comment below to provide Venusianprincess feedback.

About the Author

Jara Dan-Fodio has been gazing at the sky and observing people all of her life. After reading her first astrology book that went beyond the 12 zodiac signs 15 years ago, the patterns she noticed began to make sense. Although she dabbles in vocational, predictive and electional astrology upon request, her favorites are depth astrology and synastry. She’s an eternal student of life and astrology is just one of her many teachers. You can find more of this 8th houser’s astro-notes at Random Astrology or Twitter.

Comments

1. pheinx scorp says:

lol i confuse t wemon to much lol no tht was meant for u

2. pheinx scorp says:

alright while i await i jsut wanna say (hey that rymeed) That i want the t woman cant help it it hasnt gone away never pursued it before and we cant seem to stop corssing the bounderis we set and when we are ftrying to be freinds like last night it crossed way pass bounderies.

3. For the record…hhaaa that didn’t rhyme dude..lol….sorry….
    Sorry…but you STILL haven’t answered my question…..and I’m waiting…

4. pheinx scorp says:

dan it sorry having a lenghty debate at the same time what am i answering lol and wow that was bad

5. Wooowwww..so sorry – the last thing I wanna do is interrupt your lengthy debate….so I’ll let you go….AFTER you answer if you’re telling me that I should give this guy another chance…..
    After that…I’m to watch my movie Ip Man and leave you….

6. pheinx scorp says:

Im sorry my brain is wired i apoligize miss t k and if its not healthy no and if u wanna talk more lets get with it k undevided atiton k. wont waver, And part of me wnats u to give it another chance anotehr part the brain or logical part says dont do it u want this whole other life and u ddont know what he is about. U cant wait your whole life.

7. pheinx scorp says:

uh let me know cause ill be wating awhile if u want to talk to me stilll im odd like that

8. ….hmmm….no no I’ll let you go…..it’s perfectly fine….please go and finish ur debate….it’s fine….

9. ….and I like odd…haaaa…byeeeeee

10. pheinx scorp says:

no i think ill stay what else is going on with u

11. Haaa..ur something…really its okay..I’ve taken up waaayyy too much of ur time anyhow…go..it’s fine.. :-)

12. pheinx scorp says:

oh poo whateva u wanna talk jsut say it ive got time

13. pheinx scorp says:

brb t girl alk while im gone

14. pheinx scorp says:

im back lol guess u ain t see whole well lol youll be on later :P

15. Haaaa

16. pheinx scorp says:

ha ha ha and u back lol

17. Smh……ur…hhhaaaa….ur in a really good mood tonight…you do realize that I’m on I’m instead of clogging up this post. Haaa

18. pheinx scorp says:

:P im surgared up i traded beer for dr k lol and i guess the soda is making me feel bubly lol imfao and i know

19. Hhmmmm…I’m gonna leave u alone hhaa

20. pheinx scorp says:

awwww its only a soda lol i thought u wanted to talk anyways?

21. Haaaa….well…if you wanna talk to me…you know where to find me :-)

22. phenix scorpio says:

lol i thougth thats why i was still here

23. Jjoookeesss…uuummkay…well I’m not gonna continue to post to have a convo w/ you in such an open forum when you can chat w/ me via IM….so…that choice is urs…and if I don’t hear from ya – have a nice night w/ ur soda :-).

24. phenix scorpio says:

what? im confused im not a computer person whats that mean o.O

25. Stop trying to buy time….smh…alright well…have a good night…

26. phenix scorpio says:

um im actually serious like what is it u wnat?

27. phenix scorpio says:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh like facebook? or email?

28. smhhhh…what does what mean?

29. phenix scorpio says:

smhhhh idk wow im not ust to feeling this confused so is it about us talking on email or facebook or r u like leaving or something or uh slaps face

30. I’m not going to continue to post to talk to you on this forum – other people get these conversations as well. SOoooo….if you wanna talk to me I’m on yahoo Instant Messenger…otherwise…I’ll take that as a YOU DON’T wanna talk to me and leave it at that. umkay

31. phenix scorpio says:

ok do u have aim then? i know how to use that if thats how u wanna talk times like this i whish i knew more about computers ill check he yahoo to my yahoo was made a long time ago keep that in mind fu2right10@yahoo.com

32. what a screenname…All you have to do is download Yahoo…Aim is for work..I don’t give that one out.

33. phenix scorpio says:

ok mrs t dont kill me :P ok i think i have it now i think i have it sorry i feel bad now cuase im not good with this stuff :\

34. what’re coming off ur sugar high….smh…it’s okay….I’ll let you go…..

35. phenix scorpio says:

oh well on yahoo im called jay

36. phenix scorpio says:

yeah and not for long i dont like disapoitning people and im gonna get another soda

37. phenix scorpio says:

u seem so grr tonight

38. not in the least – I’m actually laughing at you…oppp…I wasn’t supposed to say that..haaaaaaa….It just seems like you’re afraid to talk to me offline or something.

39. phenix scorpio says:

hey bring it on im trying to figure it out :P messin with me i think your liking that a little to much :P and find me on yahoo with my email i could do it if i had it :P

40. phenix scorpio says:

ok i found the messanger thing and im downloading it now hjows that ha ha ha :P your still luahg arent u

41. well I immed you….you seem(ed) intelligent lol…..hhaaa not sure HOW or WHY downloading yahoo IM is brain surgery for you tonight. Aol – tyg515

42. *smh* S-L-O-W-L-Y……

43. phenix scorpio says:

but i thought ypu said use yahoo instant messanger r u messing with me now?

44. OMG – just come on yahoo -plzz – thank you….I’m about to be done with you.

45. phenix scorpio says:

yay i found u lol but now i gotta send u messages lol

46. :-)….I take it your going thru withdrawals from not talking to me – hhaaa

47. pheinx scorp says:

oh yesh very much lol :P i didnt think id see u on here again :P

48. well I immed you and you didn’t respond….

49. pheinx scorp says:

i didnt get on to long ago hold on ill get on yahooo

50. what’re you doing….?