Why is Leo attracted to Aquarius?

A Leo woman asks:

Is it possible to have a relationship with someone with a heavy Aquarian emphasis in his chart or is it a lost cause? I have no planets in Aquarius at all but I seem to be attracted to them for reasons that I can’t fathom. Maybe it’s that Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in Libra? I don’t know. Is it bc I’m a Leo Sun? I don’t know but either way, that’s my question.

Zodiac opposites attract for a good reason. Each axis contains two complementary signs that really can’t function without the other.

Aries – Libra Me – You
Taurus – Scorpio My Money – Our Money
Gemini – Sagittarius Facts – Theories
Cancer – Capricorn Home – Work
Leo – Aquarius Performer – Audience (or Individual – Group)
Virgo – Pisces Organized Ritual – Mystical Letting Go

Your attraction is due to your Leo Sun, not your Uranus-Jupiter conjunction in Libra. This conjunction can last nearly a year — it’s not specific to Leos — and concerns your need to experience expansion, meaning, revolution and independence in relationships.

In your chart, Saturn — the ruler of your 7th House of Partnership (with Capricorn on the cusp) — is in your 11th House of Friends and Groups. The 11th House has a natural affinity with Aquarius. This area of your life is bound with your partnership needs; for example, you might find a future husband in a humanitarian group with which you are involved. And who is more likely to spend time in these endeavors than Aquarians? Hence, this is another factor in your chart that may explain your attraction to the sign of the Water Bearer.

Is someone with a heavy Aquarian emphasis a lost cause? Not necessarily — you just need to give him lots of independence and not expect much in the way of emotional availability.

Comments

1. Wow. Thank you, that was very illuminating!

You’re welcome!

3. Very interesting. I guess that explains the hubs attraction to me.. I have some aquarius in me. I think it is what balances us out.

4. I don’t know why I am still attacted to my ex. I still care for him and admire his mind. Still to this day his still loves me and has always. Him 2/13/65 me 8/1/67.

5. “Leo needs a detached viewer to objectively critique her performance. Who else but Aquarius can do that? (I said critique, not criticize, Virgo!)”

interesting. i’m a sun leo, always put that down to my virgo stellium. or maybe it makes me moreso in need of it.

6. so know i now why i am really attracted to this boy thanks!!

7. bernadette says:

What about Leo rising?

8. Leo Rising has Aquarius on the descendant, or 7th house of partnership, so you’re very likely to be drawn to Aquarians.

9. uranuslyfe says:

Can a leo and a aquarius really have a functioning realtionship were both are happy?

10. passionate_aquarius says:

Do you think a sexual realtionship would actually work out if the male sun sign is leo and female is aquarius but both the moons are in virgo? I can’t decide whether because we’re so similar we would be incredible lovers or whether we would just be best friends.

11. AquaTrainer says:

passionate_aquarius,

I think that one is a double edged sword. Leo and Aquarius (Sun signs) are polar opposites. Leos like the attention and an audience….Aquarians focus on themselves and THEN someone else…as far as awesomeness I guess. Virgo moon…the subconscious…is orderly and analytical…and yes needs to run everything through a filter. I think if you two have open communication then it will work out smoothly…also take turns on who is in the spotlight.

12. sons of god(aquarius) says:

i m aquarius & i love one girl who is leo.when i see him first time.my heart goning to mad………….

13. Guyyyyyys Help!!!
    I am a female Aquarius and the men I am crazy about is Leo. We don’t date and didn’t have anything yet (due to the circumstances that we deal with; we work close…). I am so crazy about him, and I know from his words that he wants me the same, but I am terrified to make a move. :(( Are we compatible??? I am in Ox year, his in Rat year. Please advise.

14. curious757 says:

What i do notice is that many Leo Suns (males) that I’m talking about, seem to have a lot of pride,
    which is great but…..so much so, that they become “god-like”, placed up there by none other than the public and it’s not a wonder. So generous, so charming so wonderful with spreading their sunshine.
    They seem so incapable of flaws. Yet, like Arnold Schwarzenneger, Hulk Hogan, Bill Clinton, ect,
    they do fall, and I wonder if they’re really suffering even with all that sunshine.
    It’s not a wonder that many Leo-influenced men are afraid of Saturn-influenced women. Lol.
    Just smiling at the thought. Although the men mentioned married Mars/Sun/PlutoNeptune ruled women.

15. its is more than the fact that they are polar opposites or that the leo needs the objectivity of the water bearer!
    -well.. in my case at least!

Okay.. So, i just started a new job reasently.. I work with many (as in loads) of guys and all of them totally adore speaking to me! All are very loving and social toward me.. Apart frommmm… Drumroll…..

The leo!

Its not that he hates speaking or whatever.. He is quite the opposite.. Infact, he really is larger than life! his mere pressence alone intimidates the shit out of me! And i, being the confident air sign i am, hardly ever feels intimidated!

Okay.. So let me break it down for u..
    For the past few weeks.. I have been feeling something strange when we’re together.. I mean we hardly ever speak to each other but are in each others presence alot.. And trust me.. There is a definate connection.. And its coming from both sides. I know he feels it too.. Cos i often catch him looking at me.. And his face totally lights up on the odd occasion that he speaks to me. Omw.. And let me just say.. That.. His sexual energy is totally intense.. Once he touched my arm as a gesture.. And i was like.. Wow..

But heres the thing.. Both of us just cant seem to approach each other on a social level. Its like theres this akwardness around us.

This is a really strange connection for me cos i am usually attracted to conversation.. And we diddnt even have one! Yet.. I am so smitten by his pressence!

there is a strong vibe.. Very strong.. Just wish he could make a move! I thought it would help that guys at work generally think im beautiful.. And gudging by the fact that he looks at me often.. I think he does too.. Now im thinking that he might be intimidated by it
    I really wanna be a part of his larger-than-life bubble..

16. and now on top of it.. This guy totally indifferences me and treats me like a kid at work.. I feel so shitty, im just so over this.. I hate liking him..his acting like a real jerk.. And i have to see him all day.. On top of this.. I have nobody to speak to.. No one knows how i feel. I feel like an idiot.. I hate work now :(

17. Annanomus says:

I’m a Leo born July 24 2000 and I like a guy who is born sometime in February, but he is an Aquarius. How do I get his attention? He always acts so full of himself-I think that’s why I like him so much